Give Your Crosstrek More Off-Road Capability With These Rally Inspired Wheels
Top 4 Brands You Should Consider for 5x100 Off-Road Wheels That Will Fit Your Subaru Crosstrek
Chances are you’re reading this because you saw another Subaru Crosstrek on the road, or on social media with an aggressive wheel & tire set up, and you want something similar. But where do you start? Most of the off-road wheels out there don’t fit Subarus. Fortunately, there are a growing number of wheel companies that are making aggressive wheels for the Crosstrek.
Not only do these setups look great, but they will give your Crosstrek the ability to take you more places when the pavement ends. An aggressive wheel will usually allow you to fit a bigger tire on your vehicle due to a better offset, and smaller diameter. We recommend sizing down to a 16 or even 15 inch wheel if possible as it opens up a wide variety of tire options for you. It also puts more tire sidewall between you and the ground, making for a more comfortable and capable off-road experience. A taller sidewall also means they can be aired down more safely and have more durability in general.
Best Overall Value
High Quality Without Spending Too Much
- Motegi released this wheel with an MSRP of under $150 for the 15" sizes and it weighs barely over 20lbs.. This wheel is great for anyone building their Subaru on a budget and doesn't want to sacrifice performance. Motegi has been making wheels for serious racers for years. In fact, they are working with Ferarri on their championship race wheels.
Full Face Protection
- Similar to the MR502, the Motegi MR139 also has a full face design that helps keep snow and dirt from packing into the wheel.
Rally Tested And Proven
Tough Enough For Rally
- The design of the MR502 gives it added strength and durability for the toughest conditions. With a 2100lb load rating, it's ready for anything. It's also important to notice the full face design that shields the brakes from debris. This makes cleaning your wheels super easy and convenient.
Clears WRX Brakes
- The MR502 is designed to fit over the WRX brake kits that some people have swapped onto their Subarus. Most 15" wheels will not clear brake kits this big. This means it will fit on over your Crosstrek brakes with no problem!
(Discount Tire Direct offers an instant price match service which can be helpful if you’re shopping for the best price.)
- In 15x7, this wheel weighs only 15 lbs!!
- The spoked design of the Rumble allows you to retain good styling without trading functional capabilities.
- With a 15mm offset, you will get an aggressive appearance and pull your wheels further away from suspension and brake components.
Performance & Aesthetics For Serious Drivers
Tough And Ready For Anything
- The Boxer was designed specifically for Subaru drivers to accommodate their demanding off-road needs. The 10 spoke design allows this wheel to stand up to serious abuse.
Aggressive Looks Without Sacrificing Performance
- While function is the #1 priority, there is something to be said about providing aesthetics and usefulness in one package. Black Rhino has done just that. The wheel looks fantastic, but is durable and weighs under 19 lbs.
Most Popular Wheel/Tire Combination For Crosstrek
Before you select a new wheel for your offroad Crosstrek build, make sure you double check fitment and ask a professional for help if you have questions. We always recommend purchasing your wheels from an authorized dealer, or from the manufacturer via Amazon. This will ensure that you’re always getting a premium product and good customer service. Lifted Imports cannot be held responsible for any mods or action taken by the user.
As an Amazon Affiliate, we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why We Recommend Discounttiredirect.com
In many of our posts you will see links to products on Discount Tire. There are a few reasons why we usually purchase tires & wheels from them.
- Super fast, FREE shipping
- Massive warehouse with hard-to-find products
- Warranty certificates available
- Wide range of convenient install options
- Their customer support staff is awesome
Get Your Next Wheel Setup Online
Checkout these Amazon links to get the current prices. Most manufacturers also offer free shipping.
More Helpful Articles:
4 Reasons Fred Switched From A Tacoma To A Lifted Crosstrek
Exploring the pacific Northwest In An Off-road Crosstrek We met Fred and his wife, Amanda via Instagram (find him @burnt_trekky on IG) and noticed that
Our Top Picks: Subaru Crosstrek Lift Kits
Our top picks for the best lift kits to turn your crosstrek into An off-Road machine Crosstreks are great cars, and you’re either already enjoying
Biggest All-Terrain Tires On A Crosstrek? | Here’s What You Can Fit
All-Terrain Tires On Your Subaru Here’s The Biggest Tires You Can Fit On Your Subaru Crosstrek Many Crosstrek owners enjoy taking their car out into
Convenient Spare Tire Storage | Best Rear Tire Carriers For Subaru
Convenient Spare Tire Storage – Best Rear Tire Carriers For Subaru If you’ve been considering a rear tire carrier for your Subaru, it can offer
9 Accessories You Didn’t Know You Needed For Your Crosstrek – No Professional Install Needed
The Ultimate Subaru Crosstrek Accessory Guide Here’s 9 essential items for your Crosstrek that you can install without even visiting a shop. Photo: property of
Best All-Terrain Tires For Winter Use Get the best out of your tire this winter without sacrificing trail capability year-round. While there’s no way that
Overall, the Subaru Crosstrek seems like a daring SUV to take off-roading. It should be able to handle some gravel roads, but we wouldn't risk it in creeks or on beginner's trails. At best, it's great for packing up to drive to a hiking trailhead.
- Anthem Off-Road Equalizer. The Anthem Off-Road Equalizer is the first wheel on the list. ...
- Raceline Injector. The Raceline Injector is the second wheel on the list. ...
- Method MR305. ...
- Vision Soft 8. ...
- Moto Metal MO962. ...
- Anthem Off-Road Intimidator. ...
- Icon Alloys Rebound. ...
- Fuel Assault.
- Sun Shade. Keep the interior of your Crosstrek comfortable and cool while protecting the upholstery of your vehicle from the fading effects of UV rays. ...
- Floor Mats. ...
- Lift Kits. ...
- Speakers. ...
- Seat Covers. ...
- LED Headlights. ...
- Roof Racks. ...
- Bumper Guards.
Original Equipment Subaru Crosstrek Tires
The current generation Crosstrek is sold in three trims with two tire sizes: The 2.0i and Premium come with 17-inch wheels and P225/60R17 tires. The OEM tire on these trims is a Yokahama Geolander G91F. The 2.0i Limited and Hybrid come with 18-inch wheels and 225/55R18 tires.
Which Subaru Has the Highest Clearance?
|Subaru Model||Ground Clearance|
|Crosstrek / Crosstrek Hybrid||8.7 inches|
Driving enthusiasts won't find much to be excited about, though, and the Crosstrek's base engine is woefully underpowered. Luckily, there's a speedier Sport model and an eco-friendly plug-in hybrid option to choose from.
The Quick Answer.
|17” Alloy Wheels||18” Alloy Wheels|
|Less sporty looking||Better aesthetics|
|More comfortable||Better handling|
|Less road noise||More road noise|
|Less expensive||More expensive|
For off-road performance, we prefer to stick to the rule of thumb of running a wheel diameter no bigger than half the tire height. That typically means 15 or 16-inch wheels for 33s and 17-inch wheels for 35s or so. If you want sufficient sidewall flex on the trail, stay away from lower-profile tires.
The Quick Answer
Larger 17″ alloy wheels will have give the car sportier handling by improving cornering and stability compared to 16″ wheels. However, 16″ wheels are cheaper and produce less road noise, have better fuel economy and feel more comfortable compared to 17″ wheels.
Though, going this route, you have to have EVERYTHING related to emissions from a NEWER car that is going into the older car. AKA a 2017 drivetrain from a WRX going into a 2015 Crosstrek would be ok. A 2002 WRX into a 2015 Crosstrek is a no go.
Down™ Lowering Spring Kit by RS-R®. The RS-R Down Suspension Lowering Springs provides a mild drop and improved handling for drivers who are looking to lessen the fender to wheel gap.
The design allows the installation of the skid plate on the Subaru XV Crosstrek equipped with the CVT or manuel transmission. The LP Aventure Skid Plate is compatible with the LP Aventure bumper guards. You must have a LP Adventure bumper guard (small or big) to install this skid plate.
2020 Subaru Crosstrek Tire Size
The 2020 Subaru Crosstrek has wheel (rim) sizes of 17 X 7 and 18 X 7 inches.
|225/60R17 98H||7Jx17 ET55||2.2|
|225/55R18 97H||7Jx18 ET55||2.2|
|245/55R17 98H||7.5Jx17 ET55||2.2|
|245/50R18 97H||7.5Jx18 ET55||2.4|
225/75R15 is the max for no rubbing (with no mudflaps - mine rub barely on full turn because my mudflaps are so thick). 235's will rub.