Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Box Elder Campground is situated next to the town of Mantua and Mantua Reservoir in a pretty mountain valley just 5 miles from Brigham City, Utah. Visitors enjoy boating, fishing and exploring area trails.
Please click here for a corrected map of Box Elder Campground.
Box Elder contains four group sites and several single-family sites. Flush toilets and drinking water are provided. Roads and parking spurs are gravel. A first-come, first-served picnic area is located within the campground.
Need to Know
- There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
Trailers/Campers and RVs: Please fill up with water before arriving on site. There is no place to fill-up on site and hooking up to spigots is not allowed.
A maximum of two vehicles is allowed per family site. An extra vehicle fee will be collected on-site for the second vehicle.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Logan Ranger District at 435-755-3620 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100See AlsoPokemon White 2 Cheats: Cheat Codes for Nintendo DS: Action Replay Codes | PokemonCodersMountain Monsters new season given 2022 release date: Here's when it's coming outHow to Install Mobdro on Amazon FireStick
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
Thank you for making a reservation at Box Elder Campground! We would love to hear from you. How was your stay (experience)? Our online comment cards help us to easily communicate your valuable feedback to our management team while also saving paper. Please follow the link below to fill out the questionnaire. You can also scan the QR code located on the fee board when you arrive at your destination. You may not know that you do not need a QR scanner; simply take a picture with your phone and follow the instructions. Your phone should have a built in QR scanner. If not, you can download one from your app store. https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4933946/Utah-Guest-Comment-Card
A dense forest of bottomland hardwoods covers the campground, offering plentiful shade in most sites. Box Elder Creek flows gently through the campground.
Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge contains nearly 80,000 acres of marsh, open water, uplands, and alkali mudflats. The marshes and open water are managed using a complex system of dikes and water control structures to provide a variety of water depths suitable for the needs of different waterbird species. The Refuge is an excellent place to observe wildlife along a 12-mile auto tour route, as well as enjoying hunting, fishing and wildlife photography.
Mantua Reservoir is just one mile away, offering fishing, boating, canoeing and swimming. Horseback riding and hiking on local trails are also popular activities.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
US-91 Mantua UT 84324
For campground inquiries, please call: LOGAN RANGER DISTRICT 435-755-3620 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Highway 89/91, travel 4.5 miles east of Brigham City, Utah. Look for highway signing at the town of Mantua.
- Site 018, Loop BOX1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 020, Loop BOX2, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 021, Loop BOX2, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop BOX1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop BOX1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 024, Loop BOX2, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop BOX1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 017, Loop BOX1, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop BOX1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 025, Loop BOX2, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop BOX1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 023, Loop BOX2, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop BOX1, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site GRP-B, Loop GRP, Type Group Standard Area Nonelectric
- Site 012, Loop BOX1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site GRP-A, Loop GRP, Type Group Tent Only Area Nonelectric
- Site 010, Loop BOX1, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 014, Loop BOX1, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site GRP-D, Loop GRP, Type Group Standard Area Nonelectric
- Site 026, Loop BOX2, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 016, Loop BOX1, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop BOX1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop BOX1, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 022, Loop BOX2, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 019, Loop BOX1, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site GRP-C, Loop GRP, Type Group Standard Area Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop BOX1, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop BOX1, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop BOX1, Type Standard Nonelectric